Thursday, November 22, 2007

[strange blogfocus] all from the same blog

The Yellow Sauce issue is taking the world by storm but first:

1. First up is Doctor Vee and the man who's had 5000 marriage proposal rejections:

I saw this story about a man who has come to believe that he must be the ugliest man in the world — because he has had 5,000 marriage proposals rejected (via Digg).

I don’t think Emil Kacic is ugliest man in the world. He is certainly not as ugly as some of the people of Newcastle. But is Emil Kacic the least self-aware man in the world? The most socially inept man in the world? Possibly.

that the average length of time he has known each woman before proposing is 2.19 days. No wonder he is getting rejected!

I’ve got to the point where I have even been asking women I am meeting in the streets to marry me, but they always say no.

What a shock! You know, I think if a stranger came up to me and asked me to marry them, I might do a bit more than just say no.

2. Second up this evening is Doctor Vee with the non-difference between left and right:

I hate all blogging awards except for the ones I am nominated for. That means I hate all of them (apart from James Higham’s Blogpower awards!).*

One of the biggest problems is that there are just so many of them. The ones I always saw as the most important were the Bloggies — but perhaps that is just because they are the ones I came across first. Besides, I’ve never been nominated for them, so I hate them.

It’s a bit like degrees, as we have been discussing a few posts back. There are so many blogging awards that most of them mean zilch. So it’s quite funny to see Neil Clark acting as though he is some kind of cyber-god for winning a particularly flawed poll.

3. Actually, I misled you. the third is not by the good doc - it's by Lord Somber, who reports on this raging global issue of “yellow sauce”:
First of all, the name. Calling it “Yellow Sauce” conjures up images of cafeteria sculleries with 200-litre drums of foodstuffs lorded over by heavy-set, middle-aged women with turf issues wielding stainless steel ladles.

You’d think they would’ve come up with a more appealing moniker, like “Essence of Dragon’s Breath,” or “Minamoto Mayo,” or even just “Ninja Sauce” (even the kids would dig that one).


“Come to think of it, why didn’t they just call it ‘Ranch?’ Classic City does lie in the ‘Ranch Belt’ — that region of the country where Ranch dressing is a Mandatory Condiment... [one of the original Ten Condiments manifested on stone tablets brought down from Witch Mountain by Uncle Beignet...]

But I digress...”
You'll have to get over there to get the full pic.

4 comments:

  1. You know, normally I'd feel pretty pleased to have two of my posts featured in one of your wonderful Blogfoci. But I feel a little bit cheated out of not getting the third one!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, the appeal of the sauce is a mystery. Thank you for your attention. Coincedentally, I posted on the whole "awards" thing here:

    http://pungeon.blogspot.com/2006/05/on-artists-and-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doc - sorry.

    Welsh - thanks.

    M'lord - will follow that up because it's on the mind for a post.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.