Monday, November 19, 2007

[soul destroying] unrecoverable loss

I'd been at it for a bit over an hour. There were about 30 links in the post - bloggers can imagine what they took to embed. The thing was finished and Blogger auto-saves new posts these days so I didn't manually save.

Went into my template to lift a pic to include and three things happened:
1. Blogger decided to "select" the entire text in the posting window all by itself, just as I pressed "paste" to put the picture in.

2. The picture replaced the entire text and a micro-second later, Blogger autosaved the post, which it was meant to have done at intervals along the way but mysteriously hadn't. Now it did.

3. The result was that the entire text with links was lost and only the picture remained.
I simply stared at the screen and considered ways I could kill Blogger. Now I start the process of loading links all over again and hopefully will have the thing posted in an hour and a half.

Complete and utter waste.

9 comments:

  1. that does not sound like any fun at all!

    maybe cut and paste to word in future or save to drafts under a separate name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, poor Jamesie. Send blogger a jasmine flower - that means they're next on the Mafia's list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have days like that. It's best to switch off and cool down, leave it all for another day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't if frustrating? I think the autosave is fine in some ways but it needs the option of undo or revert to the former save or something similar.

    Still you managed to get it up after all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is exactly why I do all my long posts in word and only paste it into Blogger just before posting.

    Yet another example of style over substance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You poor soul. What a dastardly thing to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch! Hate it when stuff like that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought CRTL-Z might work in those circumstances ?

    Just guessing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.