Saturday, October 27, 2007

[google] algorithm tweaked on thursday

The article didn’t say much:
In the brave new world of online media, fortunes can be won and lost on the whim of Google's key search algorithm. And when, without warning, Google tweaked that mathematical formula this week, there was panic on the world wide web.
Well, that’s as maybe but I’ve personally improved in the rankings. Seems to me one has to be a good boy with Google and play ball – use ad sense, have most things configured to it and so on.

There’s no doubt a trawl can spike your visits from Google referrals and two weeks ago I had three days in a row with 50% more visitors than the norm. Now it’s dropped back again but not all the way.

For such an independent minded cove as me who refuses to knuckle down, this is the most craven I’ve ever been [with the exception of the beloved country I reside in, of course].

Incidentally for those who were asking, on the new Mac I don’t have the new Leopard but the 10.4 version of OS X, with 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. It has sudden motion sensor data protection and various other goodies. Screen is 17”.

1 comment:

  1. I went from 100+ visits a day to 30+ visits a day when Google decided it didn't like me (humans don't make up much of my visits as you know :)

    Now that they've changed again, I'm over 100+ a day again... heh

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.