Tuesday, September 11, 2007

[911] we also remember

Lord Nazh sums it up:
This is the day to say to your children that the U.S. will NOT back down; will NOT lightly lose 3,000 of it's precious peoples. On this day, 6 years ago, the country became one like it has only a few times in the history of this great land. That should be remembered ... and mourned.
The only thing I'm going to add, for the benefit of my own countrymen, is my Dad's comment when someone hit Len Fairclough in Coronation Street. Dad told me: "Now watch him come back like a Yank." Though the Americans might not realize it - that, from a Yorkshireman, was high praise indeed for the fighting qualities of America.

We also remember, America.

4 comments:

  1. People from 115 countries died on 9/11 in the Twin Towers and we all join the Americans in remembering that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should all remember. That's a nice quote from your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living in the US at the time I have very strong memories of the impact that this event had on all aspects of American society. I also remember my trip to the top of the World Trade Center with my brother in the early 1990s. I still have photographs of us jaunting around on the viewing balcony at the top.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.