Monday, August 06, 2007

[bitta bovver] lewis and fernando

"I'm the top driver, Lewis."

"No, I'm the top driver, Fernie."

"No - you new kid on block. Vete a la mierda, Cabron! Tu mama calata! Tu madre tiene un bigote ... deje el cuolo de mi novia paz! Joder! Comprate un bosque y pierdete dentro."

"I love you too, Fernie."


Wouldn't you find it galling? You drive for the same team, you are the highly paid star, the team tells your running mate to move over and let you through, he refuses, you then get your revenge by stalling him in the pits, you're penalized and then the bstd goes on to win the race.

What do you do? You say things like:

"But I guess he will have a different relationship with the team in the next race, because I don't think they are very happy, and I will have the same one (relationship)."

and:

The Spaniard admitted to BBC Sport he was not being treated in the way he expected he would be by McLaren. Asked if he was happy to stay at McLaren, Alonso said: "We'll see."

And Ron Dennis's view of the matter?

"Отношения у двух пилотов натянутые, они оба молодые и оба чрезвычайно любят соревноваться, оба лидируют в чемпионской гонке. Это тяжелое для команды время, ответственность лежит на обоих пилотах", - сказал Деннис.

I'm enjoying it as, clearly, are the Russians. Anyway, we've always had a bit of trouble kow-towing to the Spaniards.

3 comments:

  1. Alonso must be furious and you almost feel sorry for him...BUT...not quite. I reckon Hamilton will win the championship after yesterday's race and my goodness, he will deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't really followed this boys' spat but I love your punchline to this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fernie parece muy enojado, por lo menos.

    Translation:

    Fernie seems pissed, to say the least. Ha ha! Good post, James!

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.