Tuesday, February 20, 2007

[warning] notice to dearieme and dsquared

Gentlemen, you are firmly in my sights and I'm collecting material. Blogfriends and readers - please help out with any juicy dearieme or dsquared snippet you've come across. Please, please send it to me - e-mail is near the top of my left sidebar. Here is a trailer from Stumbling and Mumbling, one of their regular haunts:

Surely the answer is, by raising the benefits replacement ratio (this is my big point of disagreement with your Citizen's Basic Income proposal - it means that there is, for practical purposes, a cap on the replacement ratio at quite a low level, which institutionalises this sort of power relationship).
Posted by:
dsquared February 19, 2007 at 03:19 PM

"The firm pays above-average wages": the bastards - is there no trick to which these capitalist swine will not stoop? So if you take this generous offer, you might worry a bit that you might find it hard to keep this job or replace it. But experience probably suggests that a CV bearing just such a job on it is probably the best passport to another such job. 'Nothing succeeds like success' as they used to say.
Posted by:
dearieme February 19, 2007 at 06:34 PM

I wonder if they ever look at this blog.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry James, I'm confused. Do you want stuff to refute the D's arguments or do you have a long running feud with them and just want dirt on them? (Not that you'd stoop so low, of course.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I want to identify them, Steve, to work out where they are on the spectrum. One of the best ways is to see whom they offend. for example, are they hated or admired by Piper and Kelly? Who speaks well of them?

    Of course, both are different in every way and yet neither has his own blog and visits other blogs.

    If they're well regarded, generally speaking, then I'd like to gather some classic quotes.

    As it is, I've already identified Dearieme thanks to some inside information and Dsquared - i think I have the way in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, for a start, DSquared does have his own blog. He's vaguely Crooked Timber left. Dearieme doesn't, to my knowledge, and is conservative with a small c.

    I don't think either of them are evolution-deniers, and I don't think either of them hold public schoolboys in contempt, so I can imagine there might be some friction between yourself and them, and between the Extremist at S&M respectively.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.