Thursday, February 01, 2007

[thursday evening] now who said that

It would be nice if this could become a regular Thursday evening feature – a mix of quotes, old and new, not too difficult, not too easy, political and non-political and your task – to match the quote to the quoter. And easy one to start off with this evening:

The quoters

1] Thomas Jefferson
2] Charles Dickens
3] Arnold Schwarzenneger
4] Tony Blair, 1997
5] Oscar Wilde
6] Henry Kissinger [oh how I’m missin’ ya]
7] Jacques Chirac, 2005
8] Groucho Marx

And the things they said:

a] There can’t be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

b] Enough of talking, time now to do.

c] From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it.

d] If you could see my legs when I take my boots off, you’d form some idea of what unrequited affection is.

e] I am not young enough to know everything.

f] "I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country."

g] Give me your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle!

Would you try it? In all cases, the answers are at the end of the link:

Answers here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.