Thursday, February 15, 2007

[snoring] how to resolve the problem

Men and women can both snore but this article deals with the usual situation:

“I am a snorer and it sometimes drives my wife mad. I know this because she tells me! As the snorer, it is difficult in this situation. I don't like the thought of her [or me] sleeping in another room. That could be a total relationship killer in my view, but then again so is the snoring! Catch 22. Neither of us is a fan of the Darth Vader Mask either. I do appeal to the all the snoring victims out there, spare a thought for the poor snorer too; it's not a deliberate act and it is very frustrating for us too!”

“I sent my husband packing to the spare room almost two years ago when I figured out his snoring was contributing to me being depressed. He was shocked to see the video of it. My brain was simply not getting enough of the feel good chemicals, and my body was stressed. Ever since we have slept apart, he gives me a cuddle every night and every morning for at least 5 minutes [smart man, he knows what women want].”

Real estate writer
Mark Nash writes about it in his book 1001 Tips for Buying and Selling a Home, saying US home builders have documented the emerging trend to create a "snore escape" near the main bedroom. These rooms are usually no bigger than 12-feet by 12-feet and are often soundproofed with acoustic gyprock.

All the catamarans and trimarans I’ve designed have compartments fully sealed off from one another both for secondary buoyancy and for the reason of snoring. Mine is always the furthest away. One lady had no problem with my steam train impersonation. The other few, over the years, did have a problem with it, inversely in proportion to their ages. It’s not a beautiful topic and most snorers either try to conceal the fact or become ultra-defensive.

It’s certainly a topic which requires resolution, one way or the other. Have a good night. I’m for bed.

2 comments:

  1. As an intermittent snorer, I can identify with this. I have lost some weight and this has helped. Some nights I am banished so that my wife can sleep. It seems so unfair when you are bashed "for no reason". I went and did a sleep study at the local hospital and they determined that I was a low level snorer. Tell that to my wife on a bad night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems to be the way we're built. On hte other hand, I can see the woman's point here. Must be awful for her.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.