Friday, February 23, 2007

[help please] between a rock and a hard place

Recently, I put out a distress call to the blogosphere because though New Blogger is tolerating my current template for the moment, they're poised to reject it, should I make any changes. I know this because I've been experimenting on another blog.

I dearly want to tweak the colours and make other adjustments but I daren't go into the template for fear of New Blogger. That's why I asked if anyone knew of a good three column template, acceptable to New Blogger.

Tim Almond, bless him, made a very sound suggestion but it involved leaving Blogger altogether, which I'm loathe to do, as it's the only free blog which allows flexibility on headers, html etc. Wordpress doesn't give you this freedom in its base version.

UPDATE: I've finally decided on one which I can tweak and am in the process of building it right now. If you'd like to see paint dry, it's here at Mister Badger. When it's near done, it will be transferred across.

5 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a three-column new Blogger template myself. Blogger does seem to allow me to keep editing my existing template, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's elementary, my dear James. I just changed the text to be the color of the background of my template (in this case, white). What did you think of the joke, btw? Lastly, I've been looking for a way to increase my right sidebar's distance from the main "blog" area of my blog. I can't seem to get this to work on my template (ie despite my knowledge of HTML, I'm helpless, any help would be appreciated).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suggest you start a test blog on new blogger, and add a third column.

    This is one method.

    Once you've convinced yourself that you can do it, you can do your live blog.

    Unfortunately, you can't just copy another 3 column template because much of your site content (not the content of the posts) is in the template.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot provide any technical support. Just best wishes to your endevours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone - I have it now and it will do the job. It's a glorified rounders. More in an update on the post.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.