Saturday, January 06, 2007

[meme] 7 priorities which spring to mind

As you’d know if you’ve already read Blogfocus, Jeremy Jacobs has tagged various people, including me unfortunately [and I thought I’d escaped all the memes currently doing the rounds].

This one is as follows:

We're a week into 2007. Do you know what you want to achieve by the end of January? Have you set goals to reach by the end of the first quarter? How is it for you on the morning of January 6th?

The answer to that is ‘distinctly awful’, with a tender tooth, awful, magnetic weather and general depression. The snow is currently pathetic as well. However, I don’t think that’s what Jeremy meant – I think he needs a list of priorities. So, here goes:

1] To see at least one of our Blogpowerers on Doughty or for one of the top bloggers – Tim Worstall, Iain Dale or maybe even the Devil’s Kitchen, to simply acknowledge the existence of Blogpower. These seem the most reasonable guys. I don’t think there’s much hope with Guido on this one, sweet, unassuming guy though he is.

2] To take care of the health as a major priority.

3] To prioritize time and to organize clients far better than I did in 2006.

4] To find a way to escape as much of the mayhem and hoopla as possible on my birthday, on Valentines two days later, on the Russian men’s day on Feb 23rd, on the women’s day on March 8th and that will pretty well see us through.

5] To have a holiday and try to recharge the batteries.

6] To write better stuff on the blog.

7] To get a life.

And now to drop this onto Ellee Seymour, Sicily Scene, Imagined Community, Praguetory [who will surely be delighted] and The Englishman. I have to stop somewhere so that will do for now.

9 comments:

  1. You already have a life and write great stuff, you should certainly take a couple of hols this year, maybe smaller breaks are a good idea to recharge your batteries.

    I'm afraid I can't follow up the meme, I am working hard on my assignment still and am not blogging. (except for this response)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim Worstall acknowledged Blogpower in his latest post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Ellee this is one of my favourite blogs- its always left field- I don't always agree with you James but its always good fun. Small breaks though are good especially if you are ill- watch a film drop all the seriousness and just pamper yourself. I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to more or less say what Ellee has, regarding you, James. I'll do the tag later. How's the toothache?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must let us know what the Russian dentists are like, do they use anaesthetic?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so with you on this. Spent 2 1/2 hours in the dentist chair this week getting a tooth extracted. The infection had spread to the bone and the anesthesia wouldn't work. The pain was bad that I fainted....charming. Dribbling is so not a good look. Do they have clove oil in your neck of the woods? And as for 'get a life'......are you kidding? We should only have your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do they use anaesthetic? As I recall, vodka's a favourite remedy there for many ills.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tag. I have responded with pleasure. No more memes for a while please.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am happy to promote blogpower - although, I don't know how to do the links at the side. The last time I did it the Devil had to sort it all out for me.

    RS

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.