Wednesday, December 13, 2006

[russian girl writes] if I had $500 000

Not exactly a guest blogger but nevertheless, Фарида Досчанова wrote this here in the days when I was trying to set up a Russian forum on the site. I know her personally and apart from being a stunning young lady, she has intelligence and compassion and it seems to me that young men would accordingly beat a path to her door. Below is her unexpurgated take, errors untouched, on how to dispose of $500 000:

Hello, I thought above your theme how to dispose of such sum as 500.000 US dollars. Taking into account the present situation in the country, Russia is the country, in which many homeless children. As there are many families, which are not in a condition to grow their children and our government cannot help them.

Therefore I would give a part of the sum to children's homes and houses of babies that these children have been provided by normal conditions of residing and training. Further I would offer a part of the sum on medicine. I would like to construct hospitals in the most remote and deaf villages, and to supply existing hospitals with the newest equipment.

Still I would like to invest in education that those children who cannot pay for the study, could study in institutes and receive a desirable profession. And the most important it is necessary to help our pensioners, I would publish the law on which all medicine and tourism has been obliged to render free of charge services that pensioners could be healthy and could see the world.

For example my parents all life work and live for the children, instead of for themselves. It is wrong. I would like them have a rest and have looked the world. The remained part of money, I would enclose in good business as I consider, that money should make money. In Russia there are a lot of problems and to solve them 500.000$ won't be enough.

Therefore business and good government, which will correctly dispose of this money, will solve problems.

4 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be lovely to have lots of dosh to put to good causes like that - far better than spending it on a tourist trip into space. You friend sounds like she has a wise head on her shoulders and I hope she will have the chance to run her own busienss one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I spoke with her today and asked her to explain the expression "deaf village" in the text - to come to the site and leave a comment but she's very shy. If she doesn't, I shall tomorrow. It's an intriguing explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small optimistic interludes like that remind us that there is a great deal of good intent in the world. It is the implementation that we are not so good at. It seems to get drowned out at the politician level.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'm still waiting for Farida to comment as she said she would. I'm currently in an optimistic interlude too but you're right and enough of it and the pollies who want to take it away won't get a look-in.

    ReplyDelete

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.