Friday, October 06, 2006

[love & all that] the burden of expectation

The best advice I’ve heard came some years back from a man whom many regarded as happily married but who questioned this, saying that they’d had their ups and downs like any couple. But that didn’t wash as the two of them were clearly tuned into each other and the advice he gave was, ‘Leave your ego and your shopping list at the bedroom door.’ Cut to today and this little sketch by Samantha, quoting another blogger: "When I met up with him, all the chemistry was there. I loved the kisses, hugs and the strolling around hand in hand. So romantic ... so after a few drinks all [was] going well until we [got] into bed. That's where I ran into trouble...nothing. No chemistry, no passion. I couldn't believe it!! I … lay awake all night wondering what the hell went wrong. Don’t know if it was significant but her sudden change from 1st person plural to 1st person singular was indicative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.