Monday, September 25, 2006

[that interview] clinton on killing bin laden

You figure it: "That's the difference in me and some, including all of the right-wingers who are attacking me now," Clinton said on Fox News Sunday. "They ridiculed me for trying. They had eight months to try, they did not try." And further: "I want to know how many people in the Bush administration you asked, 'Why didn't you do anything about the Cole?' I want to know how many people you asked, 'Why did you fire Dick Clarke?" Wallace later countered that he was surprised by Clinton's "conspiratorial view" of "a very non-confrontational question". Clinton continued: "And you’ve got that little smirk on your face and you think you're so clever, but I had responsibility for trying to protect this country. I ... did everything I thought I responsibly could." On NBC's Meet the Press, Clinton said the biggest problem confronting the world today is: "the illusion that our differences matter more than our common humanity. That's what's driving the terrorism." In other words, Bin Laden and co are results of a process. Interesting thought but how to turn it to advantage?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.