Thursday, September 28, 2006

[blogging] the long and the short of it

There are nice pieces by Mr. Worstall and Mr. Olives today about blogging as a viable medium. A blogger also e-mailed me today with the view that he preferred the short, pithy piece to the long-winded, e.g. my piece on said Mr. Worstall. Another wrote yesterday that he preferred not to quote or link [if I understood correctly] as it defeated the purpose of a blog. Another answered him that it showed solidarity with the thoughts of the liked writer. A non-blogger said today that the beautifully presented piece in a garden blog setting detracts from its authenticity and that he favoured the scribbled memo style on an awfully designed background, as long as the man is an acknowledged expert. I read and listen and learn as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments need a moniker of your choosing before or after ... no moniker, not posted, sorry.